Saturday, December 4, 2010

Seasons of Change

I've been hearing and seeing a lot lately about embracing the season of your life that you're in. They talk about it all the time on KLOVE. It was a new concept to me when Joe first mentioned it back in July. At that point in time I was in a blissfully happy season. I'd met Joe who I thought was "The One." We'd formed our own little family unit and life was good. In fact I'd call that season exactly that, Life is Good.

Exactly 3 months later that season ended. Joe left. Two days later I found out that Rory has cancer. Now 6 weeks further in and I'm having to move out of my apartment and into my parent's basement. I think it's safe to call this season Loss.

I know that I'm one of the lucky ones. This economy has hit everyone hard. I'm fortunate to have such generous parents. I'm fortunate to still have a job. I'm fortunate that while my credit is shot and I have mountains of debt with only my health to show for it, I haven't had anything repossessed or my wages, such that they are, garnished. I still have and will continue to have a roof over my head. There's still kibble in the food dish and cat litter in the litter pan. I'm getting tired of Top Raman and oatmeal, but that will change when I move back to my parents. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully that will be my next season. Light.

No comments: