Saturday, August 29, 2009

What the???


Yes, those are mice. That bucket they are in? That's my cat's food bin. I have suspected for some time that something was getting in there because everytime I get to the bottom of the bucket I find little black pellets in there, but I never expected to open the door to the closet and find that. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me back up.

I was sitting at my desk, checking my email and I kept hearing a rustling noise coming from the closet. Suki likes to play in there but I had a lock installed on the door about 4 months ago so I knew it wasn't Suki. Knowing it was probably something I didn't want to see I was doing my best to ignore it. However eventually my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to have a peek. I got up, unlocked the door and stuck my head in. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something small and grey hopping in the bucket. Of course at that point I screamed and slammed the door so hard that I knocked the bulleting board off the wall and onto my head.

For about two seconds I considered calling my father and not asking but demanding that he drive into town and GET RID OF IT RIGHT EFFING NOW!!! Then my cooler head prevailed and I realized that he'd probably just laugh at me. I calmed down, sat back down at my desk and continued reading my email. And then I got curious again. I wanted to know exactly what kind of grey furry thing I saw jumping in the bucket.

I open the door to the closet again, which at this point is again locked because, you know, that tiny little grey thing might just get out of that nearly empty bucket, sneak into the main part of my loft and nibble me in my sleep don't you know? And then I had the brilliant idea of taking a picture of whatever I found because you know, I live in a second story loft and no one's going to believe that I have a thus far unidentified grey thing in my closet.

So I see that it's this tiny little grey mouse. Seems innocuous enough. But then I notice that in the other corner of the bucket there's another little grey thing twitching and I realized that I have not one but TWO tiny little grey things in that cat's food bucket. TWO! MICE! IN MY APPARTMENT!

Les, the building maintenance man, is going to get a call about this. Just as soon as I quit freaking out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

being that I have a daycare I am exposed to childrens shows more then I care to be...On "Imagination Movers" Uncle Knick Knocks refers to them as "woodland creatures. It makes them seem less icky then mice..my advice..call Les and tell him you have woodland creatures that need to go back to the woods before you get home from work tomorrow...eewww