Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Demon Cat


She looks so sweet and innocent, but sometime around 6 a.m. yesterday she transformed.
As I said, it's around 6 a.m. I'm curled up all snug in my bed, vaguely aware of the construction going on down the street. Just when I was about to drop back into peaceful slumber I heard it.
The best way to describe the horrible sound I heard is to tell you how to recreate it. All together now, press your chin to your chest, open your mouth wide and let out the lowest pitched, "Mreaowr," that you can. Go ahead, try it. I'll wait.
There! That's the sound that came out of my usually very sweet Suki! I thought someone had let an African Lion into my bedroom! It was horrible! I opened my eyes and looked at her and all she did was tip her fuzzy little head to the side and in her usual sweet voice said, "Meow?" and then hopped off the bed to leave me to TRY and get two more hours of sleep before work.
I decided to go work out instead. But that's a story for another day.

No comments: