Monday, February 16, 2009

Why?

The kiddos made me a Valentine that I was going to take pictures of and post on here, but after working 11 hours straight without a break on Friday I forgot it sitting in my in-box at work. So...we'll tackle something else today.

It's beyond time for me to get back out there and start dating. Friday afternoon a guy that I've known for a couple of years called me up and asked me to go to lunch today. No sooner had I assented than he started making excuses, and I mean every excuse under the sun, that he wasn't going to be able to make it. He called me! I'm completely confused by this. Can someone please explain it to me?

Anyway, since I have today off and my spidey senses tell me he's not going to show for lunch, I made plans with Jen to have lunch, see a movie, window shop downtown, meet Heather for coffee and then grab dinner.

And now I'm off to work out!

UPDATE: Ok, so he never called. Which is a little weird because I just looked at my phone and realized that he called me 6 times on Saturday. Whatever. Not going to worry about it.

And the movie, "He's Just Not That Into You," is a renter. I thought with a cast like that it couldn't be anything but good but I was wrong. I probably would have a different opinion if it had been a half hour shorter. A full two hours to be beaten over the head with the same completely obvious relationship advice is a little much. Do yourself a favor; just add it to your Netflix que.

UPDATE NUMERO DUCE: I forgot to mention that while watching the movie I kept wanting to yell at the movie screen, "Grab your purse and leave!" or, "Shut up now and hang up!" or, "Kick his sorry ass to the curb! You deserve better!" Unfortunately you can't do that in a public movie theater. One more reason to just rent it and watch it at home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to disagree dude. I LOVED that movie! I went with Aug on Valentine's Day and adored it!! I am buying that sucker as soon as it hits DVD...Maybe you're not in a good place for that type of movie...