Thursday, April 8, 2010

03/15/10 Vacation Day 3 - 03/16/10 Vacation Day 4

Day 3 can be summed up thusly: I shopped. I ate. I shopped some more. I ate some more. I watched 2012. I went to bed.

Day 4 is where things got interesting. We woke up at 5:30 and were on the road to Disneyland by 6:00. Because of SoCal traffic we didn't get there until 1 in the afternoon. We get to the park and find out that the 3 day park pass that I received as a gift wasn't valid. But it took the little guy in the funny uniform at the park over an hour to tell us that. When all was said and done we didn't get into the park until 3:00. Victoria and I were determined not to let it get us down though!

The first ride we rode was the MaliBoomer in California Adventure. SO MUCH FUN!!! It's definitely in my top 5 of park rides. Possibly top 3. We also rode Screaming California which is the best roller coaster I've ever been on. I rode it 5 times in all during the trip. At this point we rode the Grizzly Mountain water ride that I can't remember the name of. We were soaked and sweaty and sticky so we decided to go back to the room, shower, put some clean clothes on and then grab some dinner.

Because it was my birthday we went to a nicer Mexican restaurant and had margaritas with dinner. Then we went into Disneyland.

Of course the first place we went was Indiana Jones. Indiana Jones has been my favorite ride since it opened. It will continue to be my favorite ride. I giggle like a school girl all the way through. I just love it!!! We then went and watched Captain Eio. It was every bit as bad as I remembered. And yet I loved it just as much as I did the last time I saw it when I was 5 years old. We rode a few more rides in Tomorrow Land and then decided to squeeze in Space Mountain.

By the time we got back to the scooter it was completely dead. This things weighs about 80 lbs and we're in the very back corner of the park. We could not possibly be any further from the hotel. It's 12:30 am. We have to push the scooter. The two of us trying to wrangle this thing up and down hills, across the town square, through the Greater California Hotel, I'm sure it was quite hilarious. Or at least it was to us! We were laughing so hard we had tears streaming down our faces.

We finally collapsed into bed, completely exhausted around 1:00 am.

Lance called to tell me happy birthday at 3:45 am.

And a good time was had by all.

No comments: