Thursday, February 25, 2010

RIP Dolce

My Betta Dolce died yesterday. Just like my sister has an irrational fear of birds, I too have an irrational fear - of fish. I know, it's stupid. But isn't that why it's an irrational fear?

Anyway, I had just cleaned the fish bowl a few days ago so there was still about 2 gallons of water in it. Obviously I couldn't dump all of that water down the toilet, but also, Dolce couldn't be normal when he died. He sunk to the bottom. So...I thought I'd just dump most of the water down the bathroom sink and then when most of the water was gone I'd dump the fish in the toilet.

So I'm standing in the bathroom pouring the excess water down the sink when I feel the familiar feeling of kitty claws crawling up the back of my leg. While I was distracted by the claws was when Dolce decided to slide out of the fish bowl and into the sink.

Now remember what I said about irrational fears?

I was so creeped out from seeing a dead fish sucked into the drain that I had to run out into the living room. I was shaking and tearing up and I finally had to just go sit on the couch.

To re-cap: dead fish in the bathroom sink and I'm too freaked out to even get off the couch.

This is where I make my second big mistake: I start txting my friends to see if any of them would be willing to come over and pluck the dead fish out of my sink. The only response I got was laughing. Lots and lots of laughing.

Finally my friend Mary Lou said she would rescue me from the, "Ninja Fish." That's what Jake called it. He thought that would make me not feel so stupid.

So there's my Wednesday night story. Don't I feel stupid.

No comments: