Monday, February 8, 2010

Feeling Things Out

I'm the band leader of our Praise Team at our church. No, we don't have a name even though we've been playing together for years, yes, we are working on it. Right now there's a rather large list of things that we need: new recording equipment, an updated keyboard, new drum heads, some of our mics are lacking, etc. We've brainstormed the idea of doing a concert with a free will offering to raise the money and while I think that this will raise enough money to cover SOME of what we need, I'm pretty sure it won't cover ALL of it.

So I've been thinking. I know, my mind is a dark and scary place that should only be explored if you absolutely have to. But! Here me out! I have a modest fan base here in the Gallatin County for my music. Not the music that I make with the rest of the band, but my own music. What if I were to record an album of Gospel standards, pull Rob and Doug in and record as a trio, then sell copies of said album with 100% of the proceeds going back into the Praise Team?

What do you guys think? Would you pay $10 for a live gospel recording?

No comments: