Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stepping Away

I start the new members class at Journey tonight. Even though Joe and I are no longer together, I still feel like I belong at Journey far more than I ever really did at BCRC. For one, I was the only singleton at BCRC. For two, I was never going to be treated as an adult there, only Frank and Linda's daughter. For three, Solid Ground was really starting to wear on me. It was feeling less and less like a blessing and more and more like an obligation. In 10 years I got to sit and enjoy only one Christmas service. Don't get me wrong, I love to play, but when it starts to feel like a chore it's time to leave.

So now I'm starting over at Journey. It's a much larger church and will be a bit more difficult to cultivate my place at but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: