Monday, March 1, 2010

Completely Unhinged

I went to one of my best friends' house warming party Friday night. A girl that I'll call Danielle crashed the party and then went downtown with us. We ended up playing shuffleboard at our usual haunt, and I was teamed up with Danielle. After we won our first game we ended up playing against these two guys, one of which I've known for years - and had a crush on for just as long.

After playing three games, winning 2 BY A LOT, and flirting through all three, Hot Guy (here after refered to as HG) and I exchanged numbers. The guys left and we girls went and found a table. That's when Danielle began her fast decent into crazytown.

She insisted on sitting next to me. I thought it was weird but didn't think anything of it until she leaned over and said, "You know he's my ex right? And it is killing me seeing him! Especially flirting with one of my good friends!" I had only met her about two hours before this! I don't know her, I certainly don't know if I want to be her friend.

The next day HG txted and asked if I wanted to come hang out with him and one of his friends. I didn't have anything going on so I went and met him. After a few minutes of small talk HG asked me how I knew Danielle. I told him that I had only met her the night before. And why do you ask? Turns out she had called him that morning and warned him away from me! She freaking marked her territory!

Or tried to. We had a real date Sunday night.

No comments: