Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Past

I had spent weeks trying to think of the best possible Valentine's present for J and finally decided that a diamond and titanium watch was the perfect gift. After all, we'd been together for 5 years. That kind of longevity deserved a diamond watch.

He gave me a 3 year old used Palm Pilot that was covered in Thor Racing stickers and had a cracked case. No thanks. He also answered a phone call during dinner from a woman he'd cheated on me with. Oh hells no! I took the watch back. A few months later I took my heart back. He's now out of work and living in the house he built for us with his new girlfriend. She likes to complain about the comfort height cabinets in the master bathroom and kitchen. I'm tall. She's not. So sad.

It took me three years, but I finally feel like I dodged a bullet.

No comments: